Moi

Friday 1 June 2012

Fifty Shades of Fabulous

Fifty Shades of Grey is the first in the trilogy of novels by E L James and is currently a New York Times best seller. But what is all the hype about? Ever since I heard about the 'Fifty Shades' books a few weeks ago, they have since been on the tip of everyone's lips. Last week, I therefore thought I'd buy the first book, to test the waters, before I splashed out on all three.
As you know, if you read my blog, I am very fond of criticising everything and anything, and it is very rare that I praise a novel of a film without a negative comment. But things were about to change as soon as I picked up the novel from the shelf at my local supermarket, as I haven't been able to put it down since.
Usually, when reading novels, especially of the romance genre, I tend to get easily bored, or sometimes, I even find them cringy, as I am definitely more of a horror/thriller kind of girl.
However, there is nothing cringy about these novels, unless you aren't fond of the erotic nature which they are oh so happy to indulge in.
Right from page 1, the story surrounding Anastasia Steele, and her mysterious first love, Christian Grey, is captivating and mind-blowing, and will leave you rushing to Amazon.com to buy your next fix.
Recently compared to the recent Twilight series (no wonder I like it) the Fifty Shades trilogy continues with Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed, which I am very much looking forward to reading.

Just like Twilight, E L James is considering film versions of all three novels due to their outstanding success. Warner Bros., Sony, Paramount and Universal Pictures all entered for film rights to the trilogy, but in March, it was announced that the rights had been secured by Universal Pictures and Focus Features.
I personally cannot wait for the films to be released, as with such a good storyline which includes such in depth detail, the films should be just as good, if not better than the novel, with actors such as Ian Somerhalder from The Vampire Diaries and Ashley Benson from Pretty Little Liars expressing interest in acting in the films.


No comments:

Post a Comment